September 26, 2007

Visitting the Piper Aircraft Museum

Lock Haven, Pennsylvania was once home to one of the largest manufactures of light aircraft in the world, Piper Aircraft. Today I went to the Piper Aviation Museum located at the airport and learned all about how William Piper, Sr. built his company. It was a small museum but told the story well. It is a work in progress as they are always adding new displays. I took a number of pictures while I was there and included a link to them by clicking on the picture below. After my museum tour, I took a walk on the picturesque path that parallels the river that runs through town. After taking a few pictures along the way, I made my way downtown to The Texas Restaurant for a "Texas red hot" hot dog and some fries to wrap up my day of exploring.
We're stuck here again for weather tomorrow so I'll be doing another shift learning the watch duties. I think I have a pretty good grasp on them, but I'm hoping to pick up as much knowledge as I can from the different crewman that I'm working with. There is always something new to learn!

Lock Haven, PA 9-26-07