April 20, 2008

Hanging Out on Avicta


Well I have been traded so to say. I have left Snoopy 2 and am on my way to Snoopy 1 for a couple months. En route to Snoopy 1, I've been sent to do some flying on the Avicta Complete Cotton Airship. I started the day with a passenger flight over downtown New Orleans. Actually seeing some areas that were obviously devastated by Katrina in the area really brings to life how horrible that disaster was. Downtown was a nice scenic flight, including such landmarks as the French Corridor and the Superdome. Following that flight, I flew the transit to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to finish up my Line Pilot qualification. I took a couple pictures during the short flight including the largest bridge in the world,the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway. The longer of the two bridges is 23.87 miles long in length connecting Metairie, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans, and Mandeville, Louisiana.