February 11, 2011

Changing Blimps

I've been way behind on blog entries lately.  I recently changed blimps and have been trying to catch up with a bunch of things.  I spent my last flight on the DirecTV Blimp in Miami, Fl last month and then caught a flight to Phoenix, AZ to catch up with Snoopy 2.  It sounds like I'll be on the Metlife blimp for the next few months.  Its always good to be back on Snoopy 2!  Its the airship I started my flying with so it always seems like a homecoming being back on the crew. 

The video of Miami above is a reminder that not everywhere in the country is covered in snow in January.  Below are some pictures and video of the Phoenix area.  Check out this really random thing one of my fellow pilots spotted while flying around one day.  In the middle of a residential area there is an airplane sitting in an empty lot next to a golf course.  It was by far one of the most random things I've ever seen from the air.