May 7, 2008

NASCAR Country


I took advantage of my day off today and went up to Concord, NC, home of Lowe's Motor Speedway. Unfortunately there weren't any tours going on today, but I was able to take a few pictures of the Nascar track. It is really an impressive structure. I can only imagine what it will be like there in a couple weeks when they host the Coca Cola 600. Keeping with my Nascar theme today, I then went to Hendrick Motorsports which is located near the track. Hendrick Motorsports employs such superstar drivers as Jeff Godron, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhart Jr. They had a huge museum and gift shop that showcased some of the team's most monumental cars. Across the street, there are two huge buildings that are where they actually assemble the race cars for the team. Really a cool experience to see the history of the racing team and then watch as they work on cars that may go on to be future winners.