September 10, 2010

3 Year Anniversary

Well today marks 3 years of blimping for me. Its pretty insignificant when compared to the 20 plus years some of my contemporaries have been doing it for, but its a milestone for me. I met up with my first operation not too far from here in Soleburg, NJ when I met up with Snoopy 2 for the first time. Since then, I've logged over 1600 hours in 5 different airships, three different types and traveled I don't know how many thousands of miles across the country and back. Its been quite a trip so far and its not quite over yet. I spent the day flying 10 hours over New York City and the US Open Tennis. I'll have lots of video and pictures to come soon. The above picture is of two blimps I'm very familiar with, Snoopy 1 and my current ride, DirecTV, taken in Miami during Super Bowl week this year.