March 9, 2008

Busy Weekend

Well I continued my exploration of California the past two days in my free time. I began with a visit to Santa Monica Beach and Pier on Friday afternoon. It was a gorgeous day as you can see on the left. After walking up and down the beach, I had a hot dog on a stick and headed back towards Hollywood. I spent my night at a tv taping for the ABC sitcom, "According to Jim." I really enjoyed the taping which lasted almost four hours. It was both informative and entertaining to see a tv show get taped live. Between scenes, the host kept us ammused with his commedic antics and some food (sandwiches and cookies). The cast was really friendly and took the time to sign autographs for anyone who wanted one after the show. I was fortunate enough to get Jim Belushi's autograph and talk to him for a moment. He is truely a classy guy who appreciates his fans.

Today I took some time to do some shopping around the area and then headed down to Hunington Beach. It is a popular surf spot and there were pleanty of surfers out there. I almost feel guilty going to the beach knowing that they are buried under snow back home. Wish you were here!